Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pumpkin, Spinach and Rice Pie

I had planned on Roast Vegetable Quiche tonight but due to having my keys stolen by evil children we didn't make it to the markets for veg. So I kept the pastry idea, and decided to use up my leftover butternut pumpkin and the other 50c tub of silken tofu.

1 sheet short crust pastry
~2c diced butternut pumpkin, steamed
4 frozen spinach portions, defrosted
~1c grated cheese
~1c cooked brown rice
black pepper to taste, 1/2 tsp nutmeg
300g tub silken tofu, drained
1 egg
~2tbsp sour cream
slosh of balsamic vinegar
1 heaped tsp crushed garlic

Fill pastry shell with beans and blind bake for ten minutes or so. Combine pumpkin, spinach, cheese, brown rice and seasonings and mix well. Put wet ingredients in a food processor and whizz until smooth. Stir into rice mixture, mix well, and turn into pastry case. Bake at 200C until risen and cooked through.

I'm also making Colcannon on the side :D Nom nom nom.

No comments: