Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Dessert Recipes to Try

Since I am now broke for the next two weeks I am going to try cooking a healthy(ish) dessert every night so that I can have a sugar fix without having to spend heaps on empty calories. I've done dessert for the last three nights (for a change) so I'm on a roll. So far we've had golden syrup dumplings (there are 6 in the freezer), banana cake, and baked apples (or in this case, nashi fruit). I still have 3 squashy bananas to use up so I'm going to increase my banana cake recipe by half again and make muffins.

Here are some other suggestions:

Fruity Pikelets
(good because they are customisable rather than the fruit being added to the batter).

Date Pudding.

Eggless Carrot Cake.

Appleberry Crumble.

Baked Rice (or quinoa) Pudding.

Rhubarb Custard Meringue
(one for when we actually have rhubarb we can harvest, as well).

Fruit Compote
(for a non-B night).

Plain yoghurt with honey and cinnamon is very yummy, probably acceptable to B, and a good way of adding extra calcium. Plus I can make the yoghurt myself. And it's about time I learned how to make proper custard.

No comments: