Monday, September 27, 2010

Menu Plan

After a lot of faffing, I finally have my first week's menu plan. It took a lot longer than usual because I had to plan for lunches and breakfasts as well, instead of assuming that I was just going to have toast (I don't like having to think too early in the morning). Here are the dinners, at least - I was impressed that I managed to keep the majority vegetarian. It's not a perfect low-carb menu, but it's a damn sight better than I was managing before!

Monday: Pork Sausage and Bean Casserole
Tuesday: Black Bean Stroganoff (served with braised cabbage for me)
Wednesday: Frittata and Salad
Thursday: Moussaka with Greek Salad
Friday: Pita Bread Pizzas
Saturday: Slow-cooker Butter Chicken (served with cauliflower for me)
Sunday: Zucchini Slice with Fetta

Looking at the kinds of substitutions for pasta or mashed spud usually recommended by low-carb websites, it's lucky I love cabbage and cauliflower as much as I do, really...

No comments: